Emotion has on a large effect on a person’s behaviour and by learning how to identify the clients feeling will help you provide a suitable solution. By changing the client’s emotion you may be able to help the client see your solution more clearly without the emotion that controls their behaviour.
E- Motion is contributed/created by motion
Several tips to help change or deal with emotion:
- Change the client’s position- If they are sitting ask them to stand, or if they are standing ask them to take a seat. By changing the client’s body language the emotion will also change.
- Ask the client several questions to lead them into a positive emotion. For example ‘sir I want to confirm your name is it john?” answer is “yes”. Several questions like this will help the client become more positive.
- Use your volume to diffuse situations or anger. Slowly lower your voice.
- Slow down your speech to help clients breathe and panic less.
- Ask questions to help change what is on the clients mind.
Experience + MEANING= Feeling
Change the meaning of the situation for the client and the feeling they have towards it will change.